Comment on page
- KAR reward
- Ecosystem token contributions are farmable via staked KAR
- Vote for emission distribution to liquidity pools and dApps
- Loyalty bonus captured from unstaking
- Staked KAR can still participate in governance voting
1) Before you stake, you will need to have created a wallet and transferred your KAR to that wallet.
2) Connect to Karura Apps. Click on
Stakingon the left-hand navigation menu.
3) Enter the amount of KAR you'd like to stake and then click
Note: i. that unstaking will take 7 days, see Unstaking section below. ii. Keep in mind that you will need to pay transaction fees to unstake and that you won't be able to use your staked KAR to pay those transaction fees. i.e. You may not want to stake MAX KAR and keep some small amount as fees.
5) The amount of KAR you staked will appear as Staked. You will also be able to track your KAR rewards and claim those rewards, if desired. Note that KAR rewards are subject to a Loyalty Bonus to be taken away from your rewards. You can unstake your KAR and still earn your Loyalty Bonus, but claiming the rewards will deduct to Loyalty Bonus. See Loyalty Bonus below.
6) Users can claim their KAR rewards by clicking
Claim rewards. Users can also withdraw their staked KAR by clicking
Unstakeand then entering the amount they'd like to withdraw.
Unstaking period - Unstaking takes approximately 7 days from the unstaking request is submitted. Note the KAR unstaking will not earn yield in the unstaking period.
Unstaking queue - as there is a 7 days unstaking period before the KAR is unstaked and ready for claim, multiple unstaking transaction will each have their timeline, so there is an unstaking queue.
Restaking - should you want to put the KAR back to staking status, you can use restake anytime to restake any amount that is currently unstaking, the KAR will be in staked status and start earning yield immediately.
Click on the
Claim Rewardslink to review your rewards, breakdown in the popup, there is KAR rewards, and project token rewards section. Click claim button at the review page to execute the claim and contribute to the loyalty bonus pool - more about loyalty bonus in the next section.
Loyalty Bonus in KAR staking is setup to provide incentive for users claim their rewards, where every claim will result in a percentage % of the amount claimed distributed to the rest of the stake participants proportionally as Loyalty Bonus.
i.e. there will be a positive (from other claims rewards before you) and a negative loyalty bonus for all users, user claims later may have a net positive rewards.
Can I unstake my KAR at any time?